Sunday, August 18, 2013

Where did the time go?

Wow!  It's been awhile since I had a chance to sit down and blog.  For anyone that might be wondering what happened to me, don't worry!  I'm still here.  Life has been chaotic lately.  Most of it having to do with my job.  I recently got promoted to a very demanding position.  It's definitely a blessing, but doesn't allow me a lot of time to blog or work on new new ukulele ideas.

But seeing as I had a few free minutes this morning, I thought I'd give you a heads up on a couple of ukulele related things that I've got going on right now.

I recently had the pleasure of contributing to this article - 5 Ukulele bloggers explaining their recording setups for both video and audio.  Definitely worth a read if you're not satisfied with the quality of your recordings.

And secondly, I asked my blogging buddy to build me a mini ukulele (with an 11" scale).  It is fnished!  And it looks and sounds absolutely amazing (video below)!  The body and neck are solid cherry with a Tru-Oil finish. The rosewood bridge has a bone saddle and the rosewood fretboard has abalone inlays. It has Grover 3W tuners strung with Worth Clear Light strings.  Many thanks to Daniel Hulbert of Circuits and Strings for creating this little beauty for me!  Make sure to check out his site for some awesome builds.

So that's my unofficial update for the moment.  Hoping to getting back to blogging some new ideas on a more regular basis, so please don't change the channel. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment